[IANAIPRpubliccomment] JPNIC comment on the IANA IPR Agreements

MAEMURA Akinori maem at nic.ad.jp
Fri Sep 9 08:12:24 UTC 2016

Here I send the comment on behalf of JPNIC:

-----
JPNIC comment on the IANA IPR Agreements

JPNIC would like to thank the opportunity to submit a public comment on the IANA
IPR Agreements. We support to move forward on timely implementation of these
agreements.

On the basic composition and objective of each of the three IANA IPR agreements,
we do not observe inconsistencies between the agreements and IANA IPR element of
the ICG proposal. Further, the transfer of the IANA IPR from ICANN to the IETF
Trust is consistent with what has been agreed by the three Operational Communities.

We look forward to continued timely preparation for implementation of IANA IPR
component of the ICG proposal, with ICANN, the IETF Trust, and the three
Operational Communities, entering into these agreements in order to facilitate
the IANA Stewardship transition. For details to be defined post IANA stewardship
transition, we believe developing rules and procedures for the Community
Coordination Group is important, as recognised and described in the “IANA IPR
Community Agreement”.

We would like to thank representatives from the Names Community, the Numbers
Community, the Protocol Parameter Community, the IETF Trust, and ICANN, for
their continued efforts towards its smooth implementation.

Best Regards,
Shigeki Goto
President, Japan Network Information Center (JPNIC)
-----

All the Best,

--
MAEMURA Akinori   General Manager, Internet Development Dept.
maem at nic.ad.jp      JPNIC - Japan Network Information Center